The Strathmartine Trust seeks to appoint a part-time Assistant to the Director of Operations, as part of an administrative reorganisation. The Trust exists to encourage and support the study of all periods of Scottish history. Based at the Strathmartine Centre in St Andrews, the post provides administrative and practical support to the Director of Operations in their duties concerning both the operation of the Trust and its range of charitable activities, and in the day-to-day running of the Strathmartine Centre itself.
The successful candidate will be:
- able to demonstrate proven administrative and secretarial skills
- familiar with basic book-keeping and record-keeping practices
- IT-competent, including the use of email, word-processing, spreadsheets and accounting software
- a good communicator, both verbally and in writing
- organised and practical
- flexible in terms both of the range of activities to be undertaken, and hours worked
- enthusiastic about the Trust’s mission and activities
Hours: 12 per week, with occasional paid overtime
Holiday: 30 days per annum pro-rata; plus public holidays
Contributory pension scheme available
Salary: £17 per hour.
Click here to download a full job description